- Message from the Co-Chairmen (Spring 2014)
- Can You See Me Now? Visibility in Work Zones at Night
- Manage Your Stress
- Subcontractor Safety
- Emergency Action Plans Help Keep Workers Safe
- Five Useful Apps for Construction Laborers
- FDA Caps Acetaminophen Dosage in Prescription Medications
- Wellness in the Workplace Cuts Chronic Illness Costs
- Workplace Safety Begins with Breakfast
- When Walking for Health Walk for Safety Too
- It's Your Body, So Know Where You're Most at Risk
- LHSFNA Executive Director Named to Cancer Center Advisory Board
LHSFNA Executive Director Named to Cancer Center Advisory Board
The LHSFNA is proud to announce that its Executive Director, Lisa M. Sabitoni, has been selected by Johns Hopkins to serve on the Kimmel Cancer Center National Advisory Board. Recognized for her personal service to cancer patients and their families at Johns Hopkins, Sabitoni joins a Board of fellow leaders who share her commitment to the fight against cancer.
Since its inception in 1973, the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center has used interdisciplinary collaboration and innovation to ensure cancer discoveries quickly turn into improved care for patients. Combining technology, brilliant scientific minds, and the generous donations of those who have funded these discoveries, the Center strives to forever alter the course of cancer.
Founded in 1999, the Kimmel Cancer Center National Advisory Board asks its members to fulfill a broad range of responsibilities. In addition to advising the Director on fundraising initiatives and long-range planning, Board members serve as knowledgeable and informed advocates for the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center in their own communities.
As an organization dedicated to protecting the safety and health of LIUNA members, the LHSFNA strongly supports advancing cancer prevention, research and treatment. Ms. Sabitoni’s selection to the Advisory Board continues the LHSFNA’s long-standing tradition of support for the Kimmel Cancer Center which began with the efforts of the late Joseph C. Fowler, Jr., the previous Executive Director. The collaborative efforts of National Advisory Board members are critical to raising awareness for the importance of cancer research and to securing funding that will pave the way for future advances in the field.
For more information about the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center or to find out how you can help the fight against cancer in your own community, visit www.hopkinsmedicine.org.