- Simple Steps Prevent Slips and Trips
- National Suicide Prevention Week: Raising Awareness
- Executive Order Changes the Rules for Federal Contractors
- A Primary Care Provider Is Essential to Your Health
- Eight Handy Apps to Improve Your Health and Wellness
- Caffeine Can Make Your Blood Pressure Climb
- Not Everything Is a Box
- Draft Your Will Today, Protect Loved Ones Tomorrow
- LIUNA Teams Up with The Ride to Conquer Cancer
LIUNA Teams Up with The Ride to Conquer Cancer
LIUNA, through the Laborers’ Charitable Foundation, has teamed up as a Founding Partner with The Ride to Conquer Cancer® benefiting Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Sibley Memorial and Suburban Hospital. In addition to helping host the event, we are proud to have put together a team – Team LiUNA – who will embark on this two day, 150 mile cycling journey through the Capitol region on September 13-14. Many of the LHSFNA’s staff comprise Team LiUNA and signed on to either ride, raise funds or work at the event.
The Ride to Conquer Cancer® raises funds to support cancer research programs that are helping transform the fight against cancer. Together, the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital are leading the way in developing tests to detect cancers, predicting which therapies will be most effective and eradicating cancers before patients even experience symptoms.
One in two men and one in three women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Cancer is already the second most common cause of death in the U.S., and was responsible for over half a million deaths in 2013. But there are also more than 13 million cancer survivors in the U.S., and thanks to hard work by doctors and researchers and plenty of generous donations, that number is rising.
Click here to learn more about this year’s Ride to Conquer Cancer in D.C. Or check out Team LiUNA’s information page, which includes links to team members’ pages, or Team LiUNA’s online donation page.