- Message from the Co-Chairmen (Spring, 2007)
- Health Promotion: Help for Laborers and their Health & Welfare Plans
- Help for Laborers and their Health & Welfare Plans
- Nutrition and Fitness for Laborers
- Helping Laborers Get the Substance Abuse Treatment They Need
- Drug-Free Workplace initiatives
- LaboreRx - Lower Drug Costs and Better Service
- Get That Annual Check-Up
- Occupational Safety & Health: Safety Consultants for Labor and Management
- 'Best Practice' Seminars Reach Out to Contractors
- Laborers' True Stories
- Regulatory Work
- OSHA May Address Portland Cement Hazard
- ANSI to Adopt Hearing Conservation Standard
- Preventing Backovers in Work Zones
- LIUNA Funds, Allies Target Work Zone Safety
- Safety Committees: Safer Workplaces and Reduced Workers Comp Premiums
- Health and Safety in Canada
- www.LHSFNA.org: The Fund's Communications Hub
Published: Spring, 2007; Vol 9, Num 1
The Fund’s Communications Hub
The LHSFNA has a robust communications program, designed to bring topical health and safety information to Laborers, LIUNA leaders, signatory employers and health and welfare fund trustees and administrators.
The LHSFNA’s website (www.lhsfna.org) is the hub of our communications efforts. June 1 will mark the third anniversary of LIFELINES ONLINE, the Fund’s monthly e-magazine, which appears on the homepage of the website. Navigation links on that page can take viewers to New Resources, our online Publications Catalogue, the resource pages of our Health Promotion and Occupational Safety & Health Divisions and the archives of LIFELINES and LIFELINES ONLINE. Our site also provides links to the web sites of LIUNA, LECET, Laborers-AGC and many other health and safety related organizations.
Though LIFELINES ONLINE is free and open to anyone who visits the LHSFNA site, users can subscribe and receive a monthly “e-teaser” that provides headline links to all the stories in the new edition. The teaser is a simple reminder to check out the latest information available from the Fund. As there is no cost to sign up for LIFELINES ONLINE, we encourage readers to go online and become subscribers.
Note that articles in LIFELINES ONLINE are completely different than those in the quarterly print magazine, LIFELINES, which you now hold in your hands. However, you can view both publications online in the archive section of the site. And, if you subscribe to LIFELINES ONLINE, we’ll also send you an email notice when the new issue of LIFELINES is posted in the archive as well.
The Fund has more than 150 publications, all available at no cost to participating employers as well as local unions and health and welfare funds. These address virtually every topic relevant to the health and safety of Laborers, on and off the job. Of course, that includes most employer and fund administrator health and safety issues as well. All publications may be ordered in quantity through the online Publications Catalogue.
New publications are always in the works. Two new ones – Nutrition and Fitness for Laborers and Laborers’ True Stories (see pages 5 and 13, respectively) – were recently added. Also in 2006, the Spanish translation of all 53 health alerts was completed.
TheCommunications Department appreciates the email feedback that the Fund frequently receives in response to the articles posted on the site. Suggestions for improving the site are always welcome. If you need help accessing the site or using the Publications Catalogue, give us a call.