Promoting and improving the health and wellness of Laborers and their family members – on and off the job – is the primary focus of the Health Promotion Division. Staff provide a variety of services, including:
- Developing materials and campaigns on smoking cessation, skin cancer prevention, substance abuse, nutrition and fitness and other health issues
- Coordinating health screenings for Laborers and their family members at health fairs and events sponsored by LIUNA affiliates and signatory contractors
- Supporting LIUNA health and welfare funds by researching and promoting health care cost initiatives and monitoring health care reform in the U.S.
- Providing drug-free workplace program support to signatory employers and assisting the implementation of Member Assistance Programs
- Facilitating critical incident debriefings for signatory employers to help LIUNA members cope with the psychological trauma of serious jobsite injuries and fatalities