- Slow Down in Highway Work Zones: The Life You Save May Be Your Own
- “What Did You Say?” More People Than You Think Have Hearing Loss
- A Guide to Understanding Health Care Terminology
- Do You Have a Competent Person Ready for OSHA’s New Silica Rule?
- Watch and Listen to Real Stories from Real People
- Most Americans Are Unaware of These Cancer Risks
- You Don’t Have to Binge Drink to Hurt Your Health
- LHSFNA Adds Online Ordering for Sun Sense Plus Campaign
LHSFNA Adds Online Ordering for Sun Sense Plus Campaign
The LHSFNA’s annual Sun Sense Plus campaign, which officially kicks off each May, helps raise awareness about the dangers of overexposure to the sun and the risks LIUNA members face from heat stress on the job. Exposure to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays can lead to premature skin aging and skin cancer. Heat stress, which occurs when the body can’t cool down fast enough, can lead to dehydration, muscle cramps and heat stroke.
As part of the Sun Sense Plus campaign, the LHSFNA regularly distributes sunscreen, lip balm, neck flaps and cooling cloths to Laborers across the U.S. and Canada. In addition, the Fund has also created educational pamphlets, posters and toolbox talks to help LIUNA District Councils, Local Unions and signatory contractors spread the word about these all-too-common hazards.
This year, the LHSFNA is making it even easier for LIUNA affiliates to order Sun Sense Plus products and educational materials. In addition to LIUNA entities being able to mail or fax the Sun Sense Plus Order Form to the Fund as in previous years, the entire ordering process will also now be available online.
In addition to being convenient to use, the Fund’s online ordering system will also send notifications when orders are received and shipped. Our goal is to make it even easier to get Sun Sense Plus materials and products into the hands of Laborers across the U.S. and Canada.
Sun Sense Plus online ordering will be available by May 1, 2017. For more details about the program and to see which products will be available this year, visit the Fund’s Sun Sense Plus 2017 page.