- Protecting Your Sexual Health Is Nothing to Be Shy About
- LHSFNA Toolbox Talks Promote Safety, Health on the Job
- New Invasive Tick Species Causing Concern
- Cocaine, Meth and Marijuana Use Highest in a Decade
- Improving Safety to Improve Your Business
- Suicide: The Silent Epidemic
- Low-Level Lead Exposures Affect Adult Heart Health
- Hot Weather Is a Heart Hazard
LHSFNA Toolbox Talks Promote Safety, Health on the Job
Short safety toolbox talks, usually given at the beginning of the workday or shift, are one of the best ways to reach workers about safety practices and procedures. That’s why the LHSFNA has developed toolbox talks on more than 30 topics and made them available in both English and Spanish.
These toolbox talks are designed to be read aloud to LIUNA members and include sample discussion questions and a place for workers to sign off that they received the information.
Toolbox talks are most effective when they relate to specific hazards workers are about to encounter on the jobsite. Some of our most requested toolbox talks include:
- Back Injury Prevention
- Excavation and Trench Safety
- Fall Prevention – Guardrail Systems
- Hand Protection
- Scaffold Safety
- Eye Protection
While other toolbox talk programs focus solely on jobsite hazards, the LHSFNA’s program also includes health and wellness issues that are of particular relevance to LIUNA members. Some current topics include:
- Skin Cancer Prevention
- Tobacco Cessation
- Pain Management
- Stress Management
The Fund’s toolbox talks are available free of charge to LIUNA signatory contractors and other LIUNA affiliates. To see all the topics currently available or to order, visit www.lhsfna.org and click on Publications, then select Toolbox Talks. For more information on how the LHSFNA can help you create a toolbox talk schedule specific to your needs, call the Fund’s Occupational Safety & Health Division at 202-628-5465.