- OSHA Slows Pace on Confined Space Standard
- Asbestos Legislation Stalled by Fight over Judges
- APHA Announces Scholarships for Union Reps
- ANSI Committee Narrowly Defeats Ergo Standard
- Congress Considers Ban on Tools to Foil Drug Tests
- Work Zone Memorial Program Seeks Support
- LIFELINES ONLINE Celebrates First Anniversary
APHA Offers Scholarships for Union Reps
The largest non-profit organization concerned with public health issues, the American Public Health Association, is offering scholarships for their upcoming conference in New Orleans this November. The scholarship fund has been in existence for the past decade and is used to encourage union representatives and students to attend and stay on the cutting edge of new technologies.
The award pays for the registration fee for the APHA conference, a one year membership in APHA (which consists of mailings, newsletters, etc.) and $300 for meeting expenses.
A scholarship will be offered to a student currently studying in the field of Health & Safety, and there will also be an award given to one hard working union representative as well.
This will be an excellent opportunity to attain some oft needed knowledge from the experienced, diverse membership of APHA.
The deadline for submitting applications is July 31, 2005. The conference will be held November 6 - 9 in New Orleans.
If you have any questions, contact Dr. Karen Mulloy.
Here is the link for the information and applications.