- Spring Brings Additional Hazards, But the LHSFNA Is Ready to Help
- As National Stand-Down to Prevent Falls Approaches, the Need for Unions Is Clear
- Applying Sunscreen and Insect Repellent Together for Maximum Effectiveness
- Protect Your Hearing, Protect Your Heart
- How Labor Shortages Can Put Worker Safety at Risk
- Confronting Canada’s Opioid Crisis with Assistance from LIUNA
- Wrapping Up Our Series on Wellness
- LIUNA Member Saves Co-Worker’s Life Using CPR
- Safety and Health Conversations: An Interview with Dr. Christine Branche – Part Two
- Health & Safety Headlines
- Online Ordering Now Open for 2018 Sun Sense Plus Materials
Online Ordering Now Open for 2018 Sun Sense Plus Materials
The LHSFNA’s annual Sun Sense Plus campaign aims to create awareness and encourage LIUNA members and signatory contractors to take steps to protect against the dangers of sun and heat exposure.
Over the years, the Fund has distributed many different products to help achieve this goal, including neck flaps, cooling cloths, sunscreen packets, lip balm and a variety of printed materials such as pamphlets, health alerts, posters and bookmarks.
This year, the Fund is adding another product – insect repellent towelettes. For more information about this product and how to best use it with sunscreen, see this month’s article, “Applying Sunscreen and Insect Repellent Together for Maximum Effectiveness.”
We are pleased to announce that online ordering for 2018 Sun Sense Plus campaign materials is now open online. To order, visit the Fund’s website at www.lhsfna.org and click “Order Sun Sense Plus Materials,” then complete the online order form. If you have any questions about the ordering process or the Sun Sense Plus campaign, please call the Fund’s Health Promotion Division at 202-628-5465.
Please note that quantities of some items are limited and orders are generally filled on a “first come, first serve” basis.