- Using Safety to Connect with Workers as Demand for Labor Rises
- Fatal Falls More Likely Among Non-Union Workers
- Sun-Protective Clothing: Do You Need UPF Clothing?
- Is It Time for a Federal Heat Illness Prevention Standard?
- The Honest Truth About Suicide and Construction
- How a Safety Professional Approaches Site Visits in Construction
- Examining On-the-Job Falls and How to Prevent Them
- The Many Health Risks of Processed Foods
- Health & Safety Headlines
- Sun Sense Plus 2019 Materials Are Now Available
Sun Sense Plus 2019 Materials Are Now Available
The LHSFNA’s annual Sun Sense Plus campaign aims to create awareness and encourage LIUNA members and signatory contractors to take steps to protect against the dangers of sun and heat exposure.
Over the years, the campaign has grown to include a variety of products, including neck flaps, cooling cloths, sunscreen packets, lip balm and educational materials in the form of pamphlets, health alerts, posters and bookmarks. Last year, the Fund added another product – insect repellent towelettes.
This year, we’ve updated our All About Sunscreen brochure to include information about how to best use sunscreen and insect repellent together. We’ve also added a new education product, our Lyme Disease in Construction health alert, to the program.
Online ordering for 2019 Sun Sense Plus campaign materials is now open. To order, visit the Fund’s Sun Sense Plus page and complete the online order form. If you have any questions about the ordering process or the Sun Sense Plus campaign, please call the Fund’s Health Promotion Division at 202-628-5465.
Please note that quantities of some items are limited and orders are generally filled on a “first come, first served” basis.