- Who Cares about Occupational Safety and Health?
- Starker Warning Labels for Prescription Painkillers
- Antibiotic Resistance: Looming Health Catastrophe
- Flu Shot a Must for Diabetics
- Clearing the Air on Respirator Compliance
- Energy Drink Labels Sometimes Misleading
- Join the Great American Smokeout
- Assessing Dementia
- LHSFNA Addresses Stop Loss Needs of LIUNA H&W Funds
Join the Great American Smokeout
The American Cancer Society organizes the Great American Smokeout each year on the third Thursday of November to encourage smokers to use the date to make a plan to quit or to plan in advance and quit smoking that day. By quitting — even for one day — smokers take an important step towards a healthier life – one that can lead to reducing cancer risk.
Tobacco use remains a pervasive and serious problem among Laborers. More than a third smoke or use tobacco products.
The LHSFNA supports tobacco cessation with a wide variety of publications. These are available through the Fund's online Publications Catalogue.
The infographic below is from the American Cancer Society.