- Public Support for Labor Is on the Rise
- Can Self-Driving Equipment Make Work Zones Safer?
- Managing Your Emotional Health in Times of Crisis
- Protect Your Life and Home from Wildfires
- Diving into Medical Surveillance in the Silica Rule
- LHSFNA’s New Toolbox Talk Initiative Set to Help LIUNA Signatory Contractors
- Vocational Wellness: Donate Your Time and Talents to a Cause You Find Worthwhile
- Suicide Takes a Major Toll on Those Left Behind
- Bleach and Other Disinfectants Increase COPD Risk
- Health & Safety Headlines
LHSFNA’s New Toolbox Talk Initiative Set to Help LIUNA Signatory Contractors
Are toolbox talks a regular occurrence on your site? If the answer is no, they should be. Short safety toolbox talks, usually given at the beginning of the workday or shift, are one of the best ways to reach workers about safety practices and procedures on your site. Toolbox talks are even more effective when they relate directly to specific hazards workers are about to encounter on the jobsite or when they act as a safety refresher for hazards workers haven’t seen in a while.
The LHSFNA’s new toolbox talk series is specifically designed to make it easy to give toolbox talks on your site. These short publications are meant to be read aloud to a group of workers and include fast facts, sample discussion questions and a place for workers to sign off that they received the information.
Toolbox talks are available free of charge to LIUNA signatory contractors and other LIUNA affiliates. To see all the topics currently available or to order, visit www.lhsfna.org and click on Publications, then select Toolbox Talks. For more information on how the LHSFNA can help you create a toolbox talk schedule specific to your needs, call the Fund’s Occupational Safety & Health Division at 202-628-5465.