- Drop That Soda and Give Me 20!
- Rising Health Care Costs Squeeze Union Sector
- Critics Object to NIOSH Reorganization in CDC
- Asbestos Compensation Legislation Update
- Assessing 9/11 Health Effects for Clean-Up Workers
- Research Supports Continued Health Monitoring
- OTC Coverage Presents New Opportunity
- Yucca Mountain Project Carried Silica Risk
- New Vehicle Delivers H&S Message in NY
New Vehicle Delivers H&S Message in NY
“We’re constantly trying to find innovative ways to reach each local member,” says New York State Health & Safety Trust Fund Executive Director Mickey Kelly.
This summer, the Fund hit the road with a new “mobile classroom.” It’s a 2004 Champion Challenger 190-E40 Ford 6.8L shuttle bus, specially equipped to provide training for Laborers at jobsites across the state.
The bus has two 13-inch flat screen monitors, a DVD player, a four-speaker sound system and open seating for about a dozen workers.
“Our newest vehicle,” says Kelly, “takes our message conveniently to each worker – on the job, at a health fair – where it will make the most impact and be the most valuable.”