- Message from the Co-Chairmen (Fall 2011)
- What You Eat is Just as Important as How Much
- Don't Drown in Sugar's Sweetness
- Health Suffers When Salt Saturates
- Cooking with Fat Can Be Healthy
- Get Your Fill of Fiber
- Figuring Out Food Labels
- Poor Food Options Feed Poor Health
- Are You Hungry or Are Your Emotions Making You Eat?
- Seven Regulatory Myths We Need to Debunk
- Steps to a Standard
- PPACA Tackles "Fine Print"
- New Data Illuminate Ladder Fall Hazard
- Don't be Sidelined by Flu: Get Your Vaccination
Steps to a Standard
Opponents of safety and health regulations promote a variety of myths to undermine public confidence in regulations and prevent adoption of standards. They argue, for instance, that most regulations are thrown together with little thought about their impact on business, but nothing could be further from the truth. Adoption of a workplace safety standard is years in the making. As the graphic below demonstrates, proposed standards require input from all interested stakeholders and must survive oversight by the Office of Budget Management, Congress and the courts.
For more information on the regulatory process, see Seven Regulatory Myths We Need to Debunk.