- Message from the Co-Chairmen (Winter, 2006)
- PEST Program Boosts OSHA Construction Enforcement
- Fund, Partners Address Roadway Safety Challenges
- As the Sun Goes Down, Beware of What’s Around
- Cost Crisis Threatens Middle Class Life
- Wal-Mart’s Sorry Saga
- Hospital Consolidation behind Recent Cost Escalation
- Getting the Bad Apples Out of the Barrel… In Modesto
- Getting the Bad Apples Out of the Barrel…In Northern California
- Getting the Bad Apples Out of the Barrel…In Las Vegas
- Negotiated Workers’ Comp Programs Save Money, Speed Results
- Health Promotion at Center of LHSFNA Mission
- Publications Display Breadth, Depth of LHSFNA Work
- NWCP Agreements in the Midwest Region
- Katrina’s Devastation
Message from the Co-Chairmen (Winter, 2006)
Welcome to the 2006 LIUNA Tri-Fund Conference in Los Angeles!
This issue of LIFELINES is a special issue, prepared for distribution at this Conference. As you can see, it is focused on the soaring cost of health care in America. This is a key concern for Laborers, LIUNA, LIUNA signatory employers and our health and welfare funds as we work together to build union market share in North America. This issue of LIFELINES is designed to support the two instructional tracks that our professional staff is presenting for Conference participants:
- What can we do to limit the impact of health care cost escalation on LIUNA health and welfare funds and their participants?
- What can we do to control the rising cost of workers’ compensation insurance?
In this issue, we also review our work in 2005, highlighting some of the main accomplishments and outlining what is ahead.
We hope you have a great Conference, and we look forward to working together in 2006.